2014: A BRIEF REFLECTION
When I was a little girl... I used to daydream endlessly about what the future would look like. I dreamed about how magnificent my life would turn out. I had a plan and I spent the next several years trying to make that dream a reality. Some days I felt close, other days the dream felt like nothing more than just a dream. 2014 was one of the those years that I dreamt about. Except it wasn't exactly the way I imagined it... it was better.
This year I...
- Lived in Chicago and befriended the most incredible people
- Made friends all from different countries and cultures
- Got engaged to my best friend and the love of my life
- Graduated with my MASTER'S DEGREE from NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY!
- Went to London and learned from incredible people. Touring Starcom UK, Google UK, Universal Pictures UK, Oglivy UK and so much more
- Landed a job in Austin after years of trying
- Moved to Austin!
- Lived my jet setter dream and flew back and forth from Chicago to Austin for almost three months every weekend.
- Lived in two places at once.
- Became a pet mom to two crazy, handful puppies
And those are just the big things. It has been such a whirlwind and I have been so blessed.
When you're young you dream wildly about the way your life is going to turn out. By the time you reach your twenties, sometimes it doesn't quite look like the way you imagined. But as the infamous Ted Mosby once said...
The great moments of your life won't necessarily be the things you do, they'll also be the things that happen to you. Now, I'm not saying you can't take action to affect the outcome of your life, you have to take action, and you will. But never forget that on any day, you can step out the front door and your whole life can change forever. You see, the universe has a plan kids, and that plan is always in motion. A butterfly flaps its wings, and it starts to rain. It's a scary thought but it's also kind of wonderful. All these little parts of the machine constantly working, making sure that you end up exactly where you're supposed to be, exactly when you're supposed to be there. The right place at the right time.
Happy New Year!